There are certain times in life that if you don't laught you will surely cry. Well, I had one of these times last week and if it weren't for my wonderful husband, I would have for surely cried. After we got the new car, It was first day with the truck so i decided to go get it washed to surprise Joel. As i went to the car wash I stuck my card in what I thought was the credit card slot where it sucks it up and spits it back out at you. However this machine never spit my card back out. As I waitied patiently I looked closer and realized that I had put my card in the slot where the reciepts are supposed to come out. In panic mode I did everything I could do to get that card out. I was even so desperate to get gum out of the trash, stick it to another thin card, and use that to stick to my card and pulled it out. After about 15 min with no luck I just used cash to wash the car in faith that my husband would be able to know what to do. I thought about calling the bank and cancelling the card so that the next person wouldn't get their recipt and my card, however I was afraid that would cancel Joel's card as well and neither of us would have any money. Late that night I told joel what happened so we grabbed all the tools we could think of that we would need and headed back to the carwash where we found that my card had not moved. We worked for quite a while useing knives, and tweezers, and everything we could think of. Finally my brilliant husband noticed a sign with a number on it for maintenance problems. He called and told the person that he had done it. We waited for a few minutes and the nice man came and got my card for us. The best part was though, he said that I wasn't the first person that had done that. So thanks to my husband, the situation turned into a big laught instead of a major cry. Sunday, October 12, 2008
Car Wash and the Debit Card!
There are certain times in life that if you don't laught you will surely cry. Well, I had one of these times last week and if it weren't for my wonderful husband, I would have for surely cried. After we got the new car, It was first day with the truck so i decided to go get it washed to surprise Joel. As i went to the car wash I stuck my card in what I thought was the credit card slot where it sucks it up and spits it back out at you. However this machine never spit my card back out. As I waitied patiently I looked closer and realized that I had put my card in the slot where the reciepts are supposed to come out. In panic mode I did everything I could do to get that card out. I was even so desperate to get gum out of the trash, stick it to another thin card, and use that to stick to my card and pulled it out. After about 15 min with no luck I just used cash to wash the car in faith that my husband would be able to know what to do. I thought about calling the bank and cancelling the card so that the next person wouldn't get their recipt and my card, however I was afraid that would cancel Joel's card as well and neither of us would have any money. Late that night I told joel what happened so we grabbed all the tools we could think of that we would need and headed back to the carwash where we found that my card had not moved. We worked for quite a while useing knives, and tweezers, and everything we could think of. Finally my brilliant husband noticed a sign with a number on it for maintenance problems. He called and told the person that he had done it. We waited for a few minutes and the nice man came and got my card for us. The best part was though, he said that I wasn't the first person that had done that. So thanks to my husband, the situation turned into a big laught instead of a major cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cortney! I love your blog! And I LOVE this story! You are such a cutie!
Post a Comment